Personalized photo pillows from shutterfly: If you are looking for a special, personalized gift for a friend or family member, you might not think of personalizing a pillow, but they make amazing gifts. Whether you are giving one to your husband for an anniversary, or featuring a favorite Instagram photo for your kids bedroom, these beautiful pillows look great in any room.
Right now there are several promotional codes at Shutterfly.com that can save you up to 40% on a photo pillow, or store-wide discounts including free shipping. Check them out below:
- Pillows: Up to 30% Off or Free Shipping – Click for today’s featured promotions
- More Shutterfly coupons – Up to 12 new offers and discounts, updated daily
Personalized pillows featuring your favorite photos
I was looking on Pottery Barn’s website last night for a gift, admiring their great photo pillows. Their pillows featured great photos of beach scenes, and hip chevron stripe designs. They also have some fun pillows with different dog breeds that you can personalize with text.
It wasn’t until I contemplated buying one of these $40-60 pillows that the idea occured to me to make one myself with my own photo. We just got back from a vacation in California, so why should I settle for a generic beach scene when I can choose from dozens of great pics that I took, including a few beautiful shots that include our kids?
Well, needless to say, I ended up choosing one of my son taking surfing lessons for his room, and a great shot of the Santa Monica pier that will be a great birthday gift for my wife. When I used the available 30% off coupon, these personalized pillows actually cost significantly less than the generic ones I was considering buying!
Photos on the pillow have sharp, vibrant colors
It wasn’t long ago that the only option for printing on a pillow limited you to a blank square area in the middle of a a solid-colored pillow. This wasn’t bad, but it looked like someone had stuck a photo print on a boring store-bought pillow.
This certainly isn’t the case with Shutterfly, and as a man who played football in high school, I never thought I would actually get this excited about home decor! They have dozens of template design options including pattern borders and photo collages. You can even choose a black and white photo. Their pillows also feature a removable machine washable cover, hidden zipper, and choice of black or ivory colored back.
A few photo pillow gift ideas
In all seriousness, I’m going to design a couple more of these in the future for Christmas gifts. They won’t lose relevance after a year like the photo calendars that I’m used to giving (we’ll still do those for the grandparents!) and they are really practical. (Everyone has a spot on a chair or couch for a throw pillow, right?) Anyway, here are just a couple of ideas:
- Kids’ rooms – Do you have a theme in your kids’ bedrooms? A photo of my son learning how to surf goes perfectly in his room that has a beach theme
- Wedding / Anniversary – Personalize a pillow with a favorite wedding photo that is too good to stay hidden in an album or photo book. Consider black and white if you use a color border or pattern. (Use a promo code!)
- Travel – If you have a favorite vacation spot, consider a photo collage featuring you favorite pics. A picture of a sunset, architecture, boat, or marketplace is great too.
- Pets – These look amazing with one or more pictures of your dog or cat. Even better, give someone a pillow that features their pet; you can even customize the text
- Instagram pictures – Those cool retro filters can produce awesome square instagram photos
- Quotes & Lyrics – Feel free to customize a pillow with text, including a favorite quote or lyric from a song
- Thank you gifts – We just stayed overnight at a friend’s house and took some memorable photos. One of those would be a great way to say, “thanks.”
Don’t forget to use a coupon at Shutterfly.com
Looking for the perfect photo to use? Check out National Geographic’s photo tips for inspiration. When ordering from Shutterfly, there is often a promo code available for free shipping on orders of $30+, so that is worth considering in this case. Also, look for coupons with a percentage discount towards photo gifts or home decor, as these would qualify.